About Me

My photo
Santa Clarita, Ca, United States
I work as a Technology Manager in the Entertainment Industry. My first film was Disney's Dinosaur and have been credited on several films since. I love working on old electronics, especially old radios. I am also passionate about technology and education. I have 4 kids and you can read about us on our family blog.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Disney Toon Studios

I was fortunate enough to get invited for a lunch trip to Disney Toon Studios in Glendale, Ca. This was a chance to visit friends and see their new building.  It's really a neat campus.  I was told that the large atrium area was designed by Allied Works Architecture which is the same firm that designed the new building for Pixar Animation studios. I got to visit Pixar while up in San Francisco for WWDC 2010 and really enjoyed seeing their facility as well. Both sites are great facilities with wonderful open spaces.

When you first walk in, you see a large open area. 





The nice thing about a space like this is it makes folks cross paths.  I find that meetings in the hallway tend to be my most productive ones. When meeting in the hallway, you are talking because you have something you really need to talk about, and the meeting ends on time because everyone is standing.


The open area has a Pool Table, Video Games, and Cereal Bar.  These things do a great job of drawing folks into the common area.

Conference rooms are adjacent to the common area as well.

The wood is beautiful.

There is a nice outdoor garden area and lunch tables as well.



1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    Thanks for your post. The building was actually designed by
    LEVER architecture www.leverarc.com. Principal Thomas Robinson was the project lead for the Pixar building while a principal at Allied Works.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to reach out to the author directly, please email mschnitt@gmail.com