About Me

My photo
Santa Clarita, Ca, United States
I work as a Technology Manager in the Entertainment Industry. My first film was Disney's Dinosaur and have been credited on several films since. I love working on old electronics, especially old radios. I am also passionate about technology and education. I have 4 kids and you can read about us on our family blog.

Sunday, May 16, 2021

Make Believe At Muzeo

 

With COVID restrictions partially lifted, I was invited to give a Magic Lantern Show for a live event at the Muzeo Museum in Anaheim Ca. The museum is about 5 minutes from Disneyland and was hosting an event called "Make Believe at Muzeo" in collaboration with the Museum Of Make Believe.   This was my first live event in front of a large audience and my first public event. 

A Magic Lantern was discreetly worked into the decor!


Artwork by Geoff Mitchell. 


 I brought my primary lantern as well as a Marcy Sciopticon as backup.  Both lanterns were powered with batteries and use an LED light. Notice also the small lantern in front of the table.  This was placed by the organizers as part of the decor to fill the screen in between performances.







The show was short with a performance of "Jack And The Beanstalk" as well as several slip slides for comedy.  It was great to finally perform in front of a live audience and get real time feedback on what worked and what did not.


We also brought our Tintype Photo Studio, Telegraph Demonstration, and Color Candle dipping.   

Shannon brought her snack bags to sell as well ( http://randomsacks.com ).


Overall, the event went well.  I got lots of laughs on the slip slides.  The event was live streamed.  The stream is on YouTube if interested.  I can say that watching one's own performance certainly highlights room for improvement!  



The following links will take you to the exact parts of the the show where we were involved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to reach out to the author directly, please email mschnitt@gmail.com