About Me

My photo
Santa Clarita, Ca, United States
I work as a Technology Manager in the Entertainment Industry. My first film was Disney's Dinosaur and have been credited on several films since. I love working on old electronics, especially old radios. I am also passionate about technology and education. I have 4 kids and you can read about us on our family blog.

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

A Tribute To Will Dunniway

Several wet plate photographers met in Yosemite National Park to take photos as a tribute to Will Dunniway who recently passed.  We met at "Will's Secret Spot" to "pour a plate", share lessons learned, and honor the legacy of this amazing man.  I know Will helped me a great deal on my journey of learning wet plate photography and he helped and trained many others as well. 

Will loved getting this photo in the morning when the granite could be seen reflecting in the pond.


We had a great turnout of many photographers.





There were also  a great number of wet plate cameras and darkrooms being used. 





Will's camera was being used with a Dallmeyer 3D lens.






Conrad Young had a cool portable darkroom that fit nicely in a wagon. 


Catherine Segura used a larger darkroom in the back of a car.


This is Will's portable darkroom in the back of a car.  Notice that Will uses a four tray method. The first tray is developer that is changed every plate.  The other three trays are rinse water that is rotated. 


Tri Tran also created a really nice video of the event that you can watch on YouTube.



You can also see these photos on Facebook if you prefer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to reach out to the author directly, please email mschnitt@gmail.com